May 14, 2019

We Would Like to Welcome 

Monica Marciniak, M.A.,CF-SLP

To Our Team

May 15, 2019

Monica has a master’s degree in communicative sciences and disorders from Michigan State University. She has had clinical internships with both pediatric and adult populations. Monica has expe...

Trick-or-Treating for children with Autism and Sensory Processing Disorder can be a challenge. Click here to be linked to a great resource from the Easterseals "Trick-or-Treating That's Fun for Kids with Autism and Sensory Processing Disorders"

September 21, 2018

Does trying to find out about what your child did at school seem impossible?  This handout from The Reading Bungalow (2014) has some great questions to ask other than "How was your day?" to help get a conversation started. 

And just like that, school bells are ringing and buses are back on their routes.  Back to school can mean hectic mornings, but it does not have to.  Every family has their own morning routine but these ideas may help make your family’s routine less chaotic.

A Good...

The summer slide takes place during the summer months when children are no longer in school. During this time children can forget academic knowledge and skills. The summer slide is very common among all children. Children that struggle in the school year have more risk...

Over the last 10 years as an Occupational Therapist, I've worked with many families and kiddos on how to eat. Mealtimes are such an important part of bonding as a family, and when a child has difficulty chewing, swallowing, or eating, this has a significant negative im...

We are holding a robot design contest in our office and we want you to join us!  Submit your entries to halpin@saltherapy-us.com by March 16th for your entry to qualify.  Make sure to include your name, age, and the name of your robot!

This activity was taken from...

February 13, 2018

Many people do not realize that a significant number of children stutter at some point during development.  The majority (80%) of children will recover, but the remaining 20% will continue to stutter into adulthood.  We are constantly learning more and new information...

With the freezing temperatures outside, we have decided to bring the winter wonderland indoors. Below you can find a youtube video on how to make FAKE SNOW that is COLD, and can be used to build Snowmen, igloos, and so much more.

Materials

Bowl

1/2 cup White Conditioner

3...

We are ringing in the Christmas holiday with the help of our friends at S.A.L.T. by decorating our office tree.

This is a fun activity to do at home and can bring Christmas into a space where there might not be much room, like a child's bedroom or play room.  As the wea...

Please reload

Halpin & Associates

Speech and Language Therapy

830 Kirts Blvd., Suite 305

Troy, MI 48084

HELP OTHERS FIND HELP
Review us on Social Media
  • Facebook Basic Black
  • Black Yelp Icon

© 2017 by Halpin & Associates Speech and Language Therapy.